Thursday, May 21, 2009

My family discussion on ozone

Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a hole in the ozone layer. My family knows that. What to do about it? Ride bikes, sure. Drive a little less, sure. But beyond that, it's hard to get them to think about it much. They know that Gore was going to be the "ozone" president, and it's all good till it effects their pocket books, I think. but at least it is known about, although still, they are not sure about global warming. To be honest, I don't always know what to say. I think I was able to clarify things a little though, concerning the amount of UV that gets through thanks to the holes in the ozone that were not there before. I tend to think we should all do more than we do, before we reach the tipping point, but yeah, I still drive, etc. Talking with my family about ozone is like talking to myself, disturbing, and not nearly an in depth enough of a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment